Last revised: 20 April, 2020
Please read the terms carefully as they govern your use of LUXOTC Services. THESE TERMS CONTAIN IMPORTANT PROVISIONS INCLUDING AN ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT REQUIRES ALL CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED BY WAY OF LEGALLY BINDING ARBITRATION. The terms of the arbitration provision are set forth in Article 10, “Resolving Disputes: Forum, Arbitration, Class Action Waiver”, hereunder. As with any asset, the values of Digital Currencies (as defined below) may fluctuate significantly and there is a substantial risk of economic losses when purchasing, selling, holding or investing in Digital Currencies and their derivatives.BY MAKING USE OF LUXOTC SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT: (1) YOU ARE AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRANSACTIONS OF DIGITAL CURRENCIES AND THEIR DERIVATIVES; (2) YOU SHALL ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO THE USE OF LUXOTC SERVICES AND TRANSACTIONS OF DIGITAL CURRENCIES AND THEIR DERIVATIVES; AND (3) LUXOTC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH RISKS OR ADVERSE OUTCOMES.
By accessing, using or attempting to use LUXOTC Services in any capacity, you acknowledge that you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree, do not access LUXOTC or utilize LUXOTC services.
2. LUXOTC Operators refer to all parties that run LUXOTC, including but not limited to legal persons, unincorporated organizations and teams that provide LUXOTC Services and are responsible for such services. For convenience, unless otherwise stated, references to “LUXOTC” and “we” in these Terms specifically mean LUXOTC Operators. UNDER THESE TERMS, LUXOTC OPERATORS MAY CHANGE AS LUXOTC’S BUSINESS ADJUSTS, IN WHICH CASE, THE CHANGED OPERATORS SHALL PERFORM THEIR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS WITH YOU AND PROVIDE SERVICES TO YOU, AND SUCH CHANGE DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AND INTERESTS UNDER THESE TERMS. ADDITIONALLY, THE SCOPE OF LUXOTC OPERATORS MAY BE EXPANDED DUE TO THE PROVISION OF NEW LUXOTC SERVICES, IN WHICH CASE, IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE LUXOTC SERVICES, IT IS DEEMED THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO JOINTLY EXECUTE THESE TERMS WITH THE NEWLY ADDED LUXOTC OPERATORS. IN CASE OF A DISPUTE, YOU SHALL DETERMINE THE ENTITIES BY WHICH THESE TERMS ARE PERFORMED WITH YOU AND THE COUNTERPARTIES OF THE DISPUTE, DEPENDING ON THE SPECIFIC SERVICES YOU USE AND THE PARTICULAR ACTIONS THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS OR INTERESTS.
3. LUXOTC Services refer to various services provided to you by LUXOTC that are based on Internet and/or blockchain technologies and offered via LUXOTC websites, mobile applications, clients and other forms (including new ones enabled by future technological development). LUXOTC Services include but are not limited to such LUXOTC ecosystem components as Digital Asset Trading Platforms, the financing sector, LUXOTC Labs, LUXOTC Academy, LUXOTC Charity, LUXOTC Info, LUXOTC Launchpad, LUXOTC Research, LUXOTC Chain, LUXOTC X, LUXOTC Fiat Gateway, existing services offered by Trust Wallet and novel services to be provided by LUXOTC.
4. LUXOTC Platform Rules refer to all rules, interpretations, announcements, statements, letters of consent and other contents that have been and will be subsequently released by LUXOTC, as well as all regulations, implementation rules, product process descriptions, and announcements published in the Help Center or within products or service processes.
5. Users refer to all individuals, institutions or organizations that access, download or use LUXOTC or LUXOTC Services and who meet the criteria and conditions stipulated by LUXOTC. If there exist other agreements for such entities as developers, distributors, market makers, and Digital Currencies exchanges, such agreements shall be followed.
6. Digital Currencies refer to encrypted or digital tokens or cryptocurrencies with a certain value that are based on blockchain and cryptography technologies and are issued and managed in a decentralized form.
7. Digital Assets refer to Digital Currencies, their derivatives or other types of digitalized assets with a certain value.
8. LUXOTC Accounts refer to the foundational virtual accounts, including main accounts and subaccounts, which are opened by LUXOTC for Users to record on LUXOTC their usage of LUXOTC Services, transactions, asset changes and basic information. LUXOTC Accounts serve as the basis for Users to enjoy and exercise their rights on LUXOTC.
9. Crypto-to-crypto Trading refers to spot transactions in which one digital currency is exchanged for another digital currency.
10. Fiat Trading refers to spot transactions in which Digital Currencies are exchanged for fiat currencies or vice versa.
II. General Provisions
1. About These Terms
a. Contractual Relationship
These Terms constitute a legal agreement and create a binding contract between you and LUXOTC Operators.
b. Supplementary Terms
c. Changes to These Terms
LUXOTC reserves the right to change or modify these Terms in its discretion at any time. LUXOTC will notify such changes by updating the terms on its website (https://www.LUXOTC.com) and modifying the [Last revised] date displayed on this page. ANY AND ALL MODIFICATIONS OR CHANGES TO THESE TERMS WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE UPON PUBLICATION ON THE WEBSITE OR RELEASE TO USERS. THEREFORE, YOUR CONTINUED USE OF LUXOTC SERVICES IS DEEMED YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT AND RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST STOP USING LUXOTC SERVICES IMMEDIATELY. YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO FREQUENTLY REVIEW THESE TERMS TO ENSURE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF LUXOTC SERVICES.
d. Prohibition of Use
BY ACCESSING AND USING LUXOTC SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN INCLUDED IN ANY TRADE EMBARGOES OR ECONOMIC SANCTIONS LIST (SUCH AS THE UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL SANCTIONS LIST), THE LIST OF SPECIALLY DESIGNATED NATIONALS MAINTAINED BY OFAC (THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY), OR THE DENIED PERSONS OR ENTITY LIST OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE. LUXOTC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE MARKETS AND JURISDICTIONS TO CONDUCT BUSINESS, AND MAY RESTRICT OR REFUSE, IN ITS DISCRETION, THE PROVISION OF LUXOTC SERVICES IN CERTAIN COUNTRIES OR REGIONS.
2. About LUXOTC
As an important part of the LUXOTC Ecosystem, LUXOTC mainly serves as a global online platform for Digital Assets trading, and provides Users with a trading platform, financing services, technical services and other Digital Assets-related services. As further detailed in Article 3 below, Users must register and open an account with LUXOTC, and deposit Digital Assets into their account prior to trading. Users may, subject to the restrictions set forth in these Terms, apply for the withdrawal of Digital Assets.
Although LUXOTC has been committed to maintaining the accuracy of the information provided through LUXOTC Services, LUXOTC cannot and does not guarantee its accuracy, applicability, reliability, integrity, performance or appropriateness, nor shall LUXOTC be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused directly or indirectly by your use of these contents. The information about LUXOTC Services may change without notice, and the main purpose of providing such information is to help Users make independent decisions. LUXOTC does not provide investment or consulting advice of any kind, and is not responsible for the use or interpretation of information on LUXOTC or any other communication medium. All Users of LUXOTC Services must understand the risks involved in Digital Assets trading, and are recommended to exercise prudence and trade responsibly within their own capabilities.
3. LUXOTC Account Registration and Requirements
By registering to use a LUXOTC Account, you represent and warrant that (i) as an individual, you are at least 18 or are of legal age to form a binding contract under applicable laws; (ii) as an individual, legal person, or other organization, you have full legal capacity and sufficient authorizations to enter into these Terms; (iii) you have not been previously suspended or removed from using LUXOTC Services; (iv) you do not currently have a LUXOTC Account; (v) you are a non-U.S User, unless you only log on to websites for U.S. Users and use LUXOTC Services for U.S. Users. If you act as an employee or agent of a legal entity, and enter into these Terms on their behalf, you represent and warrant that you have all the necessary rights and authorizations to bind such legal entity; (vi) your use of LUXOTC Services will not violate any and all laws and regulations applicable to you, including but not limited to regulations on anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and counter-terrorist financing.
c. User Identity Verification
BY REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE LUXOTC TO CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS THAT LUXOTC CONSIDERS NECESSARY, EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH A THIRD PARTY, TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY OR PROTECT YOU, OTHER USERS AND/OR LUXOTC FROM FRAUD OR OTHER FINANCIAL CRIMES, AND TO TAKE NECESSARY ACTIONS BASED ON THE RESULTS OF SUCH INVESTIGATIONS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO CREDIT BUREAUS AND AGENCIES FOR FRAUD PREVENTION OR FINANCIAL CRIME PREVENTION, WHICH MAY RESPOND TO OUR INVESTIGATIONS IN FULL.
d. Account Usage Requirements
The LUXOTC Account can only be used by the account registrant. LUXOTC reserves the right to suspend, freeze or cancel the use of LUXOTC Accounts by persons other than account registrant. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your username and password, you should notify LUXOTC immediately. LUXOTC assumes no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of LUXOTC Account by you or any third party with or without your authorization.
e. Account Security
LUXOTC has been committed to maintaining the security of User entrusted funds, and has implemented industry standard protection for LUXOTC Services. However, the actions of individual Users may pose risks. You shall agree to treat your access credentials (such as username and password) as confidential information, and not to disclose such information to any third party. You also agree to be solely responsible for taking the necessary security measures to protect your LUXOTC Account and personal information.
You should be solely responsible for keeping safe of your LUXOTC Account and password, and be responsible for all the transactions under your LUXOTC Account. LUXOTC assumes no liability for any loss or consequences caused by authorized or unauthorized use of your account credentials, including but not limited to information disclosure, information release, consent or submission of various rules and agreements by clicking on the website, online agreement renewal, etc.
By creating a LUXOTC Account, you hereby agree that:
you will notify LUXOTC immediately if you are aware of any unauthorized use of your LUXOTC Account and password or any other violation of security rules;
you will strictly abide by all mechanisms or procedures of LUXOTC regarding security, authentication, trading, charging, and withdrawal; and
you will take appropriate steps to logout from LUXOTC at the end of each visit.
f. Personal Data
your transaction counterparty;
LUXOTC Operators, and the shareholders, partners, investors, directors, supervisors, senior managers and employees of such entities;
our joint ventures, alliance partners and business partners;
our agents, contractors, suppliers, third-party service providers and professional advisers, including the parties who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, research, operations, IT and other services, in such areas as telecommunications, information technology, payroll, information processing, training, market research, storage and archival;
third-party business partners who provide goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional activities, whether or not in cooperation with us;
insurance companies or insurance investigators and credit providers;
credit bureaus, or any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centers in the event of violation or dispute;
business partners, investors, trustees or assignees (actual or expected) that promote business asset transactions (which can be broadened to include any merger, acquisition or asset sale) of LUXOTC Operators;
professional consultants such as auditors and lawyers;
relevant government regulatory agencies or law enforcement agencies to comply with laws or regulations formulated by government authorities;
assignees of our rights and obligations;
banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
persons with your consent as determined by you or the applicable contract.
III. LUXOTC Services
Upon completion of the registration and identity verification for your LUXOTC Account, you may use various LUXOTC Services, including but not limited to, Crypto-to-crypto Trading, Fiat Trading, contract trading, leveraged trading, LUXOTC Savings services, staking, acquiring market-related data, research and other information released by LUXOTC, participating in User activities held by LUXOTC, etc., in accordance with the provisions of these Terms (including LUXOTC Platform Rules and other individual agreements). LUXOTC has the right to:
Provide, modify or terminate, in its discretion, any LUXOTC Services based on its development plan; and
Allow or prohibit some Users’ use of any LUXOTC Services in accordance with relevant LUXOTC Platform Rules.
1. Service Usage Guidelines
Provided that you constantly comply with the express terms and conditions stated in these Terms, LUXOTC grants you a revocable, limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use LUXOTC Services through your computer or Internet compatible devices for your personal/internal purposes. You are prohibited to use LUXOTC Services for resale or commercial purposes, including transactions on behalf of other persons or entities. All the above actions are expressly prohibited and constitute a material violation of these Terms. The content layout, format, function and access rights regarding LUXOTC Services should be stipulated in the discretion of LUXOTC. LUXOTC reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. Therefore, you are hereby prohibited from using LUXOTC Services in any way not expressly authorized by these Terms.
These Terms only grant a limited license to access and use LUXOTC Services. Therefore, you hereby agree that when you use LUXOTC Services, LUXOTC does not transfer LUXOTC Services or the ownership or intellectual property rights of any LUXOTC intellectual property to you or anyone else. All the text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interface, photos, sounds, process flow diagrams, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information and documents, as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel, and layout of any content included in the services or provided through LUXOTC Services, are exclusively owned, controlled and/or licensed by LUXOTC Operators or its members, parent companies, licensors or affiliates.
LUXOTC owns any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Feedback”) about LUXOTC or LUXOTC Services that you provide through email, LUXOTC Services, or other ways. You hereby transfer all rights, ownership and interests of the Feedback and all related intellectual property rights to LUXOTC. You have no right and hereby waive any request for acknowledgment or compensation based on any Feedback, or any modifications based on any Feedback.
When you use LUXOTC Services, you agree and undertake to comply with the following provisions:
During the use of LUXOTC Services, all activities you carry out should comply with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, these Terms, and various guidelines of LUXOTC;
Your use of LUXOTC Services should not violate public interests, public morals, or the legitimate interests of others, including any actions that would interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or prohibit other Users from using LUXOTC Services;
You agree not to use the services for market manipulation (such as pump and dump schemes, wash trading, self-trading, front running, quote stuffing, and spoofing or layering, regardless of whether prohibited by law);
Without written consent from LUXOTC, the following commercial uses of LUXOTC data are prohibited:
1) Trading services that make use of LUXOTC quotes or market bulletin board information.
2) Data feeding or streaming services that make use of any market data of LUXOTC.
3) Any other websites/apps/services that charge for or otherwise profit from (including through advertising or referral fees) market data obtained from LUXOTC.
Without prior written consent from LUXOTC, you may not modify, replicate, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, disassemble, broadcast, publish, remove or alter any copyright statement or label, or license, sub-license, sell, mirror, design, rent, lease, private label, grant security interests in the properties or any part of the properties, or create their derivative works or otherwise take advantage of any part of the properties.
You may not (i) use any deep linking, web crawlers, bots, spiders or other automatic devices, programs, scripts, algorithms or methods, or any similar or equivalent manual processes to access, obtain, copy or monitor any part of the properties, or replicate or bypass the navigational structure or presentation of LUXOTC Services in any way, in order to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information in any manner not purposely provided through LUXOTC Services; (ii) attempt to access any part or function of the properties without authorization, or connect to LUXOTC Services or any LUXOTC servers or any other systems or networks of any LUXOTC Services provided through the services by hacking, password mining or any other unlawful or prohibited means; (iii) probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of LUXOTC Services or any network connected to the properties, or violate any security or authentication measures on LUXOTC Services or any network connected to LUXOTC Services; (iv) reverse look-up, track or seek to track any information of any other Users or visitors of LUXOTC Services; (v) take any actions that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of systems or networks of LUXOTC Services or LUXOTC, or the infrastructure of any systems or networks connected to LUXOTC services; (vi) use any devices, software or routine programs to interfere with the normal operation of LUXOTC Services or any transactions on LUXOTC Services, or any other person’s use of LUXOTC Services; (vii) forge headers, impersonate, or otherwise manipulate identification, to disguise your identity or the origin of any messages or transmissions you send to LUXOTC, or (viii) use LUXOTC Services in an illegal way.
By accessing LUXOTC Services, you agree that LUXOTC has the right to investigate any violation of these Terms, unilaterally determine whether you have violated these Terms, and take actions under relevant regulations without your consent or prior notice. Examples of such actions include, but are not limited to:
Blocking and closing order requests;
Freezing your account;
Reporting the incident to the authorities;
Publishing the alleged violations and actions that have been taken;
Deleting any information you published that are found to be violations.
2. Crypto-to-crypto Trading
Upon completion of the registration and identity verification for your LUXOTC Account, you may conduct Crypto-to-crypto Trading on LUXOTC in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and LUXOTC Platform Rules.
Upon sending an instruction of using LUXOTC Services for Crypto-to-crypto Trading (an “Order”), your account will be immediately updated to reflect the open Orders, and your Orders will be included in LUXOTC’s order book to match other users’ Orders. If one of your Orders fully or partially matches another user’s Order, LUXOTC will execute an exchange (a “Transaction”). Once the Transaction is executed, your account will be updated to reflect that the Order has been fully executed and closed, or the Order has been partially executed. The Order will remain uncompleted until it is fully executed or cancelled under paragraph (b) below. To conclude a Transaction, you authorize LUXOTC to temporarily control the Digital Currencies involved in your Transaction.
For Orders initiated through LUXOTC Services, you may only cancel them before they have been matched with other Users’ Orders. Once your Order has been matched with another user’s Order, you may not change, revoke or cancel LUXOTC’s authorization to complete the Order. For any partially matched Order, you may cancel the unmatched part of the Order unless such portion has been matched. LUXOTC reserves the right to reject any cancellation request related to the Order you have submitted. If your account does not have sufficient amount of Digital Currencies to execute an Order, LUXOTC may cancel the entire Order, or execute part of the Order with the amount of Digital Currencies you have in your account (in each case, any Transaction related fees payable to LUXOTC are deducted as stated in paragraph (c) below).
You agree to pay LUXOTC the fees specified in https://www.LUXOTC.com. LUXOTC may, in its discretion, update the fees at any time. Any updated fees will apply to any sales or other Transactions that occur following the effective date of the updated fees. You authorize LUXOTC to deduct from your account any applicable fees that you owe under these Terms.
d. Other Types of Crypto-to-crypto Trading
In addition to the Crypto-to-crypto Trading that allows users to directly place orders as mentioned in paragraph (a) above, LUXOTC may, in its discretion, provide technical and platform services for other types of Crypto-to-crypto Trading under its separately formulated LUXOTC Platform Rules, such as One Cancels the Other (OCO) and block trade.
3. Fiat Trading
1. Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LUXOTC SERVICES, LUXOTC MATERIALS AND ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR OTHER ITEM PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF LUXOTC ARE OFFERED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND LUXOTC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU WAIVE, ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE IN TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, LUXOTC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, LUXOTC SERVICES OR LUXOTC MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. LUXOTC DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY ORDER WILL BE EXECUTED, ACCEPTED, RECORDED OR REMAIN OPEN. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS STATEMENTS, AGREEMENTS AND RULES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY OTHER STATEMENT OR AGREEMENT, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE AND ACCESS OF LUXOTC SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU HEREBY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LUXOTC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (A) ANY INACCURACY, DEFECT OR OMISSION OF DIGITAL ASSETS PRICE DATA, (B) ANY ERROR OR DELAY IN THE TRANSMISSION OF SUCH DATA, (C) INTERRUPTION IN ANY SUCH DATA, (D) REGULAR OR UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE CARRIED OUT BY LUXOTC AND SERVICE INTERRUPTION AND CHANGE RESULTING FROM SUCH MAINTENANCE, (E) ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY OTHER USERS’ ACTIONS, OMISSIONS OR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, (F) ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY ILLEGAL ACTIONS OF OTHER THIRD PARTIES OR ACTIONS WITHOUT AUTHORIZED BY LUXOTC; AND (G) OTHER EXEMPTIONS MENTIONED IN DISCLAIMERS AND PLATFORM RULES ISSUED BY LUXOTC.
THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONTAINED HEREIN MAY NOT APPLY IF AND TO THE EXTENT IT IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU RESIDE.
2. Disclaimer of Damages and Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LUXOTC, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, INFORMATION, REVENUE, PROFITS OR OTHER BUSINESSES OR FINANCIAL BENEFITS) ARISING OUT OF LUXOTC SERVICES, ANY PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF LUXOTC SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT, SERVICE OR OTHER ITEM PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF LUXOTC AND ITS AFFILIATES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, STATUTE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY EVEN IF LUXOTC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT OF A FINAL JUDICIAL DETERMINATION THAT SUCH DAMAGES WERE A RESULT OF LUXOTC’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR INTENTIONAL VIOLATION OF LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL THE LIABILITY OF LUXOTC, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS OR CONTRACTORS ARISING OUT OF SERVICES OFFERED BY OR ON BEHALF OF LUXOTC AND ITS AFFILIATES, ANY PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF LUXOTC SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT, SERVICE OR OTHER ITEM, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, STATUTE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO LUXOTC UNDER THESE TERMS IN THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM FOR LIABILITY.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LUXOTC Operators, their affiliates, contractors, licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions, proceedings, investigations, demands, suits, costs, expenses and damages (including attorneys’ fees, fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory authority) arising out of or related to (i) your use of, or conduct in connection with, LUXOTC Services, (ii) your breach or our enforcement of these Terms, or (iii) your violation of any applicable law, regulation, or rights of any third party during your use of LUXOTC Services. If you are obligated to indemnify LUXOTC Operators, their affiliates, contractors, licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees or agents pursuant to these Terms, LUXOTC will have the right, in its sole discretion, to control any action or proceeding and to determine whether LUXOTC wishes to settle, and if so, on what terms.
Please be aware that all official announcements, news, promotions, competitions and airdrops will be listed on https://www.LUXOTC.com .USERS UNDERTAKE TO REFER TO THESE MATERIALS REGULARLY AND PROMPTLY. LUXOTC WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER OF COMPENSATION SHOULD USERS INCUR PERSONAL LOSSES ARISING FROM IGNORANCE OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENTS.
VI. Termination of Agreement
1. Suspension of LUXOTC Accounts
The LUXOTC Account is subject to a governmental proceeding, criminal investigation or other pending litigation;
We detect unusual activities in the LUXOTC Account;
We detect unauthorized access to the LUXOTC Account;
We are required to do so by a court order or command by a regulatory/government authority.
2. Cancellation of LUXOTC Accounts
In case of any of the following events, LUXOTC shall have the right to directly terminate these Terms by cancelling your LUXOTC Account, and shall enjoy the right but not the obligation to permanently freeze (cancel) the authorizations of your LUXOTC Account on LUXOTC and withdraw the corresponding LUXOTC Account thereof:
after LUXOTC terminates services to you;
you allegedly register or register in any other person’s name as a LUXOTC User again, directly or indirectly;
the information that you have provided is untruthful, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete;
when these Terms are amended, you state your unwillingness to accept the amended Terms by applying for cancellation of your LUXOTC Account or by other means;
you request that LUXOTC Services be terminated; and
any other circumstances where LUXOTC deems it should terminate LUXOTC Services.
Should your LUXOTC Account be terminated, the account and transactional information that meet data retention standards will be securely stored for 5 years. In addition, if a transaction is unfinished during the account termination process, LUXOTC shall have the right to notify your counterparty of the situation at that time. You acknowledge that a user-initiated account exit (right to erasure under GDPR or other equivalent regulations) will also be subjected to the termination protocol stated above.
If LUXOTC is informed that any Digital Assets or funds held in your LUXOTC Account are stolen or otherwise are not lawfully possessed by you, LUXOTC may, but has no obligation to, place an administrative hold on the affected funds and your LUXOTC Account. If LUXOTC does lay down an administrative hold on some or all of your funds or LUXOTC Account, LUXOTC may continue such hold until such time as the dispute has been resolved and evidence of the resolution acceptable to LUXOTC has been provided to LUXOTC in a form acceptable to LUXOTC. LUXOTC will not involve itself in any such dispute or the resolution of the dispute. You agree that LUXOTC will have no liability or responsibility for any such hold, or for your inability to withdraw Digital Assets or funds or execute trades during the period of any such hold.
3. Remaining Funds After LUXOTC Account Termination
Except as set forth in paragraph 4 below, once a LUXOTC Account is closed/withdrawn, all remaining account balance (which includes charges and liabilities owed to LUXOTC) will be payable immediately to LUXOTC. Upon payment of all outstanding charges to LUXOTC (if any), Users will have 5 business days to withdraw all Digital Assets or funds from the account.
4. Remaining Funds After LUXOTC Account Termination Due to Fraud, Violation of Law, or Violation of These Terms
LUXOTC maintains full custody of the Digital Assets, funds and User data/information which may be turned over to governmental authorities in the event of LUXOTC Accounts’ suspension/closure arising from fraud investigations, investigations of violation of law or violation of these Terms.
VII. No Financial Advice
LUXOTC is not your broker, intermediary, agent, or advisor and has no fiduciary relationship or obligation to you in connection with any trades or other decisions or activities effected by you using LUXOTC Services. No communication or information provided to you by LUXOTC is intended as, or shall be considered or construed as, investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all trades are executed automatically, based on the parameters of your order instructions and in accordance with posted trade execution procedures, and you are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategy or related transaction is appropriate for you according to your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances and risk tolerance, and you shall be solely responsible for any loss or liability therefrom. You should consult legal or tax professionals regarding your specific situation. LUXOTC does not recommend that any Digital Asset should be bought, earned, sold, or held by you. Before making the decision to buy, sell or hold any Digital Asset, you should conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisors prior to making any investment decision. LUXOTC will not be held responsible for the decisions you make to buy, sell, or hold Digital Asset based on the information provided by LUXOTC.
VIII. Compliance with Local Laws
It is Users’ responsibility to abide by local laws in relation to the legal usage of LUXOTC Services in their local jurisdiction as well as other laws and regulations applicable to Users. Users must also factor, to the extent of their local laws all aspects of taxation, the withholding, collection, reporting and remittance to their appropriate tax authorities.ALL USERS OF LUXOTC SERVICES ACKNOWLEDGE AND DECLARE THAT THEIR FUNDS COME FROM LEGITIMATE SOURCES AND DO NOT ORIGINATE FROM ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES; USERS AGREE THAT LUXOTC WILL REQUIRE THEM TO PROVIDE OR OTHERWISE COLLECT THE NECESSARY INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AS PER RELEVANT LAWS OR GOVERNMENT ORDERS TO VERIFY THE LEGALITY OF THE SOURCES AND USE OF THEIR FUNDS.LUXOTC maintains a stance of cooperation with law enforcement authorities globally and will not hesitate to seize, freeze, terminate Users’ accounts and funds which are flagged out or investigated by legal mandate.
X. Resolving Disputes: Forum, Arbitration, Class Action Waiver
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY, AS IT INVOLVES A WAIVER OF CERTAIN RIGHTS TO BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING AS A CLASS ACTION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE U.S.
1. Notification of Dispute. Please contact LUXOTC first! LUXOTC wants to address your concerns without resorting to formal legal proceedings. Before filing a claim, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting LUXOTC first through https://www.LUXOTC.com.
2. Agreement to Arbitrate. You and LUXOTC agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms (including any question regarding their existence, validity, termination, or any services or products provided and any representations made by us) through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below. You agree to first give us an opportunity to resolve any claims by contacting us as set forth in paragraph 1 above. If we are not able to resolve your claims within 60 days of receiving the notice, you may seek relief through arbitration.
3. Arbitration Procedure. Either you or LUXOTC may submit a dispute (after having made good faith efforts to resolve such dispute in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2 above) for final and binding resolution by arbitration .JUDGMENT ON ANY ARBITRAL AWARD MAY BE GIVEN IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION OVER THE PARTY (OR OVER THE ASSETS OF THE PARTY) AGAINST WHOM SUCH AN AWARD IS RENDERED.
4. Notice. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claims to [email protected] If we request arbitration against you, we will give you notice at the email address or street address you have provided.
1. Independent Parties. LUXOTC is an independent contractor but not an agent of you in the performance of these Terms. These Terms shall not be interpreted as facts or evidence of an association, joint venture, partnership, or franchise between the parties.
2. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding use of LUXOTC Services and will supersede all prior written or oral agreements between the parties. No usage of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties will be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter the terms herein.
3. Interpretation and Revision. LUXOTC reserves the right to alter, revise, modify, and/or change these Terms at any time. All changes will take effect immediately upon being published on LUXOTC websites. It is your responsibility to regularly check relevant pages on our websites/applications to confirm the latest version of these Terms. If you do not agree to any such modifications, your only remedy is to terminate your usage of LUXOTC Services and cancel your account. You agree that, unless otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, LUXOTC will not be responsible for any modification or termination of LUXOTC Services by you or any third party, or suspension or termination of your access to LUXOTC Services.
4. Force Majeure. LUXOTC will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform as required by these Terms because of any cause or condition beyond LUXOTC’s reasonable control.
5. Severability. If any portion of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms, which will remain in full force and effect, and the invalid or unenforceable portion will be given effect to the greatest extent possible.
6. Assignment. You may not assign or transfer any right to use LUXOTC Services or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without prior written consent from LUXOTC, including any right or obligation related to the enforcement of laws or the change of control. LUXOTC may assign or transfer any or all of its rights or obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, without notice or obtaining your consent or approval.
7. Waiver. The failure of one party to require performance of any provision will not affect that party’s right to require performance at any time thereafter. At the same time, the waiver of one party to seek recovery for the other party’s violation of these Terms or any provision of applicable terms shall not constitute a waiver by that party of any subsequent breach or violation by the other party or of the provision itself.
9. Matters Related to Apple Inc. If you use any device manufactured by Apple Inc. to participate in any commercial activities or reward programs through LUXOTC Services, such activities and programs are provided by LUXOTC and are not associated with Apple Inc. in any manner.
10. Contact Information. For more information on LUXOTC, you may refer to the company and license information found on LUXOTC websites. If you have questions regarding these Terms, please feel free to contact LUXOTC for clarification via our Customer Support team at https://www.LUXOTC.com.